Friday, June 4, 2010

My First Fashion show

Fashion is a industry I find interest in because in the eyes of normal people red,blue and green are wrong when there mixed together, but put it in the eyes of a fashionista and they make it right. It's a field where your creativity can be unleashed and exposed. It's a field where your work can never be considered wrong as long as you can explain for reason for doing this or doing that. Efficiently, my field of interest was in fashion merchandising, but after doing a few internships and not to mention this fashion show I found a desire to go into Visual communications of art. Which consumes of event planning, fashion coordinating, fashion styling etc.
Putting together a fashion show all by myself was obviously easy. WRONG!! This is a task that I can personally say is harder then it looks, but I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. At the end of the show I was flabbergasted by what a good job I had done, and how well organized things came out, but before I focus on the good I have to rewind all the way back to the first step on planning and as weeks passed by the stressing.
Step 1: I presented my idea to my principal and typed out a proposal for him to approve which wasn't a hard task. I drew and mapped out a plan of how I wanted to transform our school cafeteria into a fierce runway.
Step 2: Getting stores to sponsor the show, which was a challenging task because most stores don't do high school fashion shows, and being young also was apart of hearing the answer no lol.
Step 3: After Getting the clothes I had to select models(Calling Cast). This is the part where you would think would be the easiest part, but this was also another difficult task. I'm currently in the city of Cleveland (relatively still new), but many people are not that into the whole fashion thing, but if this was NY or Cali, inspiring models would have jumped on the opportunity. To make a long story short I personally had to ask people to model for me.
Step 4 Organizing scenes, and setting up practices: I had about 7 models which isn't many, so when 4 people couldn't make it; It made practices a little challenging.
Step 5Preparing for the show: My make-up artist Rian G came and did the girls make-up plus mines and my host. I set up my school cafeteria the way I visualized it and laid my runway down as well. Made sure the sound crew had my cd. The funniest part was working with walkie talkies, so they knew when to stop the cd and when to start it again, and also so my host knew what scene to announce.



Overall I had a good experience with doing this, and I'm planning on doing another fashion show in the near future, but this time with my own clothing, so stay tuned and stay updated. www.twitter.com/AjayFashion

I'd like to give a special thanks to the sponsor Villa located in Harvard plaza and Carmen's located in bedford heights

B A C K S T A G E

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

My make-up artist Rian g.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

All of the models minus 1 plus me in the front :)

No comments: