Monday, June 10, 2013

hair growth

                            
  Time flies! Let me tell you. The first two top pictures were back in August. August 28, 2012 at 3:00 pm to be exact! I went to the salon So Kinky, So Curly, So Straight (yes that's a real salon name located in the Mayfield heights, Oh area) to do my big chop. I was inquisitive to see what my natural hair texture looked like again. I remember back in 5th grade was when I wanted to get a perm, so I could look like everyone else in my class. I was already getting teased because of my dad's accent and no one could hardly understand the man, but on top of that some girls would make fun my hair because it was puffy. (But those are the same girls who write on my pictures now and say they love my hair now lol  -_-)  BACK ON TOPIC: like many others I did try to transition for 6 months, and I found that it was extremely hard to take care of two different textures of hair! I would randomly cut small pieces in the back on my head where a lot of my perm was growing out so I would get a better look at my curls. ( I don't recommend anyone to do this.) After I saw what my curl pattern was like I booked an appointment to chop it all off! Now what people don't realize is that this just wasn't a spur of the moment type of deal. I truly researched for the whole time I was transitioning my hair. Cutting my hair was more so spiritual, and a experience to define who I really was as a young adult, and find out more about my culture (West Indies, French & British) and I'm truly still learning things. Also I feel as women we are so attached to our hair, and sometimes we define ourselves with it, but that's a whole other issue that will get me typing for hoursssss!! so watch one of shameless Mya's videos about it. It is truly inspiring ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO5tyAwofs8) and If your wondering no this is not what inspired me to cut all my hair off lol, but anyway cutting my hair was one of the best decisions I made last year. My hair is healthier than ever, and I actually know how to take care of my hair the proper way. The bottom pictures are what my hair looks like now. It's been a total of 10moths and counting. When you pull a curl it's a lot longer than it looks it almost goes down to my shoulder. Right now I'm working on my NO HEAT challenge! Going a whole year without heat in my hair. Wish me luck! Do you have a big chop story or are you transitioning? Tell me what made you guys what to go natural?

#curlygirl #curlyhair #curlybrowngirlsrock #naturalhairdaily

No comments: