Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nikera's clothing line


Welcome Nikera to the world of fashion from the East Coast(virginia); A fresh face you'll be seeing a lot more of during the near future. Like many young women finding a way to stand out without looking tacky can be a challenge at times, but worry no longer. Nikera's exclusive clothing line is everything but boring, and I had the opportunity to interview her, and get more background information on her and as well as her exclusive clothing line, and what inspired her.

Q: What inspired you to become a designer?
A:"I was bored with the current color selections within the ready to wear depts. "
Q: Who are your three designers that inspire you?
A:"I have so many designers that inspire me. If I had to choose? Michael Kors, Alexander McQueen, and Marc Jacobs."
Q: What school did you attend and what experince did you take from it?
A:" I didn't go to school for Design. I attended Barbizon School of Modeling as a teen. I learned how to be comfortable in my own skin. As well as fashion styling, photo shoot, makeup,runway, and hair techniques. All of those skills are being used currently to ensure that my Clothing Label is a success."
Q: How would you describe your clothing line?
A:"I would describe my line as Classic Colorful Chic"
Q: How did you get started?
A:"I started at the age of 10. I have been sketching since. I have always had a passion for fashion and designing. I woke up and decided I wanted to live my childhood dream. I wanted to see what the world had for me."
Q: What was your inspiration?
A:"My inspiration for the 2010 Spring/Summer collection was the Vintage Era of the 1950's. I loved the feminine full skirts and the corset tops. So classy and sexy at the same time!"
Q: Do you intend for your clothing line to be affordable for teens such as myself?
A:"My line will be very affordable. NIKERA Clothing was created for young confident trendsetters. Each design will be produced in limited quantity. Ensuring maximum exclusiveness without the overwhelming price tag."
Q:How is your clothing line different from others?
A:"NIKERA Clothing is different from other labels because we are really experimenting with bold color patterns and concepts without being attached to "high fashion" Our designs are bold but yet very street worthy. You will as if you just walked off of a NYC Runway."
Q:What age group do you expect your clothing line to be more popular among?
A:"Ages 18 to 35"
Q:Where do you see your clothing line in 4 yrs?
A:"In 4 years? NIKERA Clothing will be a household name. Nationally and Internationally."
Q:Is your clothing line more suited for petite women or plus size women?
A:"Right now we do not have a collection for PLUS sizes. We intend to within the next 2 years."
Q:Do you see yourself making a men's clothing line in the future?
A:"Yes, a men's line is in the works."
Q:What's the most stressful part of your job?
A:"The most stressful part of my job is learning to be flexible. Things can change last minute in the Fashion Industry. Learning how to execute Plan B.C.D, and E if needed."
Q:Where can we find your clothing line?
A:"Starting in Jan 2010 you can find our line in exclusive boutiques and clothing stores on the East Coast and California. "
Q:When can we expect any upcoming shows?
A: "Our next show is in NYC "Fashion on the Hudson" outside in front of 3500 people and then off to Atlanta International Fashion Week. Both are during the month of July. You can contact us via our website for dates and times. www.nikeraclothingonline.com or nikeraclothing@yahoo.com"
Q:Do you have any advice for upcoming designers starting in the bussiness?
A: "Alot of young designers contact me asking for advice. I always say, "Follow your dreams" If you can see it, it can happen. You don't need tons of money or investors to get started. Form a team of talented people to ride the wave with you. There are too many tasks to do on your own. Stick to your guns and your vision no matter how unpopular it may seem to others. Constantly do your research!"

Thank You, Nikera for taking the time and answering my questions it's been a pleasure.Keep us updated, and the best of luck to you & your success.

No comments: